Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Furnished

Last week I attended the exhibit furnished at Syracuse Architecture School. The exhibit was an exhibition of department faculty's experiments in furniture design.

The work was very fascinating and what struck me most was the craftsmanship of the furniture. In particular I was interested in a chair made using a 3d scanner. The professor modeled the chair after the form of her own body making the ultimate personal chair.


Another interesting piece was a one legged table. It was made of wood and assembled in a unique way.  The table appears to stand effortlessly against the wall; I am sure no easy feat to design.

I highly recommend to anyone in the Syracuse area to stop in and see furnished. It is a rather small exhibit and can be absorbed in just a few minutes. The exhibition runs until October 11 and is located in Slocum Gallery.

There are a few more exhibitions and lectures coming up at Slocum. I will post more on them in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment